The LilyPad Arduino is a microcontroller board designed for wearable and e-textiles. It can be sewn to fabric and similarly mounted power supplies, sensors and actuators with conductive thread.
This board is based on the ATmega328V (the low-power version of the ATmega328). It can be programmed with the Arduino software. It should only be programmed with software versions 0010 or higher.
You can program it with earlier versions, but all of the time related functions will be off (twice as slow as they should be).
The microcontroller is the black square in the center of the board (top view). See the LilyPad Arduino E-Sewing tutorial for instructions on attaching your board to fabric.
In case you wish to learn how to program lilypad, please follow this tutorial.
You can download the required software here.
In case you wish to check other Arduino boards, click here.
Features of Arduino Lilypad :
- Microcontroller : ATmega328V
- Operating Voltage: 2.7-5.5 V
- Input Voltage : 2.7-5.5 V
- Digital I/O Pins : 14 (of which 6 provide PWM output)
- Analog Input Pins: 6
- DC Current per I/O Pin: 40 mA
- Flash Memory: 16 KB (of which 2 KB used by bootloader)
- SRAM : 1 KB
- EEPRO : 512 bytes
- Clock Speed: 8 MHz
- It is used in Arduino projects (usually wearables)