The MOC3041, MOC3042 and MOC3043 devices consist of gallium arsenide infrared emitting diodes optically coupled to a monolithic silicon detector performing the function of a Zero Voltage Crossing bilateral triac driver.
They are designed for use with a triac in the interface of logic systems to equipment powered from 220 Vac lines, such as solid–state relays, industrial controls, motors, solenoids and consumer appliances, etc.
Understand the working of the IC here.
Features of MOC3041 :
- Simplifies Logic Control of 115 Vac Power
- Zero Voltage Crossing
- dv/dt of 2000 V/µs Typical, 1000 V/µs Guaranteed
- Reverse Voltage VR 6 Volts
- Forward Current — Continuous IF 60 mA
- Storage Temperature Range Tstg –40 to +150 °C
- Soldering Temperature TL 260 °C
- Junction Temperature Range TJ –40 to +100 °C
- Ambient Operating Temperature Range TA –40 to +85 °C
Applications of MOC3041 :
- Solenoid/Valve Controls
- Temperature Controls
- Lighting Controls
- E.M. Contactors
- Static Power Switches
- AC Motor Starters
- AC Motor Drives
- Solid State Relays